Date: c. 1536-37
Ireland, Henry VIII, First Harp Issue (1534-40), groat, m.m. crown, crowned “H” and “I” (for Henry and Jane Seymour, 1536-37) beside harp, 2.45g (S. 6473)
- Good very fine (GVF)
- House of Tudor
- Henry VIII
- Jane Seymour
- Jane Seymour (c. 1508 – 24 October 1537)
- Queen of England from 1536 to 1537 as the third wife of King Henry VIII.
- She succeeded Anne Boleyn as queen consort following the latter’s execution for high treason, incest, and adultery in May 1536.
- She died of post-natal complications less than two weeks after the birth of her only child, a son who reigned as King Edward VI.
- She was the only one of Henry’s wives to receive a queen’s funeral, and his only consort to be buried beside him in St. George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle.
- She was the only wife of Henry VIII whose son survived infancy.