Date: c. 1195
John De Courcy, Lord of Ulster (1177-1205), Farthing, anonymous issue, Downpatrick Mint, 0.36g (Withers Downpatrick 1; D.F. 47; S.6225).
- Very Fine (VF)
- Toned, nicely preserved specimen for type
- Extremely Rare
- Processional cross within beaded circle
- Short cross potent with crescents in angles, within beaded circle
- +DE DVNO
- House of Anjou
- Henry II
- John de Courcy, Lord of Ulster
- Second ‘Anonymous’ Coinage, AD 1195
- O’Brien Coin Guide: Why did Henry II not issue coins under his own name for Ireland?