Date: c. 1483-85
Richard III (1483-1485) Silver Groat – Second Issue – ‘Three Crowns’ coinage. Dublin mint. Struck 1483-1485. This coin is the second type of Richard III and is interpreted as an implementation of Edward IV’s final coinage act of 1483.
- Diameter: 22 mm
- Weight: 1.73 g
Near Very Fine (nVF).
- Very rare.
- SCBI –; cf. D&F 176-9; SCBC 6412
- Crowned coat-of-arms within quatrefoil; mullets in lower angles
- RICΛR D RЄX [ΛnGL FRΛn]
- Three crowns over cross botonnée; below, retrograde Є engraved over h
- DOmIn VS : [hУBЄ] R nIЄ (double saltire stops),
- House of York
- Richard III (1483-1485)
Other Coins in this Series:
- The Old Currency Exchange: Checklist of Anglo-Norman Coinages