Date: c. 950-952 AD
Hiberno-Norse (Kingdom of Northumbria). Anlaf Sithtricsson (Cuaran). Second reign, c. 950-952 Silver Penny. Circumscription Cross type, with trefoil of pellets on the obverse. York mint; Moneyer: Rathulf.
- Extremely Fine (EF)
- Extremely rare
- Circumscription Cross, with trefoil of pellets in NE quadrant
- + ANLAF CUNUNCR (V as inverted A)
- Circumscription Cross
- + RATHULF MONETR
- Kingdom of Northumbria
Other Viking Coins in this Series:
- The Old Currency Exchange: Checklist (Hiberno-Norse)
- O’Brien Coin Guide: Anglo-Saxon Coins & Their Links to Ireland
- O’Brien Coin Guide: Coinage of the Viking Kingdom of York (AD 895-954) coming soon
- O’Brien Coin Guide: Coinage of the Viking Kingdom of Northumbria (AD 921-952)
- O’Brien Coin Guide: Who Introduced Anglo-Saxon Coins to Ireland and why ?