Date: c. 1095/1100-1150
Hiberno-Norse. Circa 1095/1100-1150. Silver Penny (18mm, 0.46 g). Phase VI coinage, Long Cross type. Uncertain mint signature and moneyer. O`S 22; SCBI 8 (BM), 366-75; D&F 32; SCBC 6187.
- Good VF (gVF)
- Bust left; croizer before, quatrefoil on neck, trifoil behind
- Voided long cross with large pellet in centre; pellets and sceptres in opposite quarters.
- Phase VI
- O’Brien Coin Guide: Anglo-Saxon Coins & Their Links to Ireland
- O’Brien Coin Guide: Who Introduced Anglo-Saxon Coins to Ireland and why ?
- O’Brien Coin Guide: Introduction to the Hiberno-Norse Coinages of the Late 10th & Early 11th C