Date: c. 1065 – 1095
Hiberno-Norse coinage, silver penny, Dublin, Phase V coinage.
Approx. 17mm, circa 0.7g. S6138
- Draped bust left; large cross pattée on neck
- Blundered and illegible legend around
- Voided long cross, with triple crescent ends; pellet, annulet, pellet, and inward-facing anchor in angles.
- Blundered and illegible legend around.
- Phase 5
- O’Brien Coin Guide: Anglo-Saxon Coins & Their Links to Ireland
- O’Brien Coin Guide: Who Introduced Anglo-Saxon Coins to Ireland and why ?
- O’Brien Coin Guide: Introduction to the Hiberno-Norse Coinages of the Late 10th & Early 11th C